A new version is now available. If you’ve already installed b18 or later, you can simply choose Panorama>Check for Updates to install this update. If Panorama isn’t currently running, it will automatically offer to download b20 when you launch PanoramaX. (Note: Even if you manually installed a previous version of b20, you should download and install this release, which is the final b20 release.)
If you haven’t installed b18 yet, you’ll have to use the Download Assistant as described in this previous post.
The primary purpose of the b20 release is to fix form display problems that were introduced in the b19 release.
- Form objects outside of a tab panel now update properly when the underlying data (field or variable) changes.
- The Relational Workshop wizard works correctly (this was actually the same tab panel problem, as this workshop contains a tab panel).
- Extensive revision to low level form code, which hopefully will address random crashes with deleting objects, tab panels, and web browser objects. Since these crashes could not be reliably reproduced it’s impossible to conclusively state that the problems are fixed, but code problems that could have caused these crashes were found and fixed.
- Fixed issue that could cause display of “phantom” objects on forms with a tab panel, and that sometimes would appear after using a form object constructor (especially the calendar constructor).
- Fixed pop-up text editing in forms, it now updates the database correctly when editing is finished (this was a new problem in either b18 or b19).
- The lineitemarray( function no longer strips out empty elements in the middle of the array (empty elements on the end are still stripped off).
- Fixed the SuperGetText caption options.
- Additional instrumentation added when performing a fill in a shared database, and the fillsync statement (used internally) now throws an error if it is passed invalid data.
Now on to b21!