Panorama X 10.2.0 b19 Build 3764 Release Notes

A new version is now available. Especially if you are using Big Sur, I recommend that everyone install this update immediately.

If you’ve already installed b18, you can simply choose Panorama>Check for Updates to install this update. If Panorama isn’t currently running, it will automatically offer to download b19 when you launch the b18 version.

If you haven’t installed b18 yet, you’ll have to use the Download Assistant as described in this previous post.

This release is all about bug fixes. There’s one new function, but it was created to help solve a bug. Some of these bug fixes have been long awaited by many many users, so read, download, and enjoy.

• Moving left/right in the data sheet now works properly in macOS 11 Big Sur (it now updates the selection highlight properly).
  • Icons in the toolbar that were vertically misaligned in macOS 10.15 and later are now correctly lined up.
  • Fixed tabbing into a Text Editor object when there is no current editor (for example if you click outside of any object, then press Tab key). This problem was introduced in release b17.
  • Fixed problem that could cause crash logs to fail to upload to provue.com when running a 10.2 beta version.
  • Some AppKit classes require __unsafe_unretained instead of __weak references, but Panorama’s code wasn’t handling this completely correctly (since Apple didn’t document the correct handling anywhere). This should improve Panorama stability (i.e. less crashes).
  • The Install>Install “Run Panorama X Using Terminal” command in the Preferences window now creates an Application folder in the user’s folder if it doesn’t already exist (instead of failing).
  • Fixed the emergency code in rundialog for handling Command-W and Enter keys, these keys will now correctly close the dialog window even if the rundialog loop has stopped.
  • New calledby( function allows a procedure to check whether it was called from a specific procedure, a specific database, or both.
  • If used in a try/catch block, the Stop statement no longer stops - instead it throws an error that will be handled by the catch statement. This prevents things from getting mucked up if a stop statement is included in tasks like .Initialize or in server code.
  • Update the menu bar when a procedure is finished and when a variable is modified by a form object. Note that the menu bar does NOT update instantaneously when the menu bar is clicked, though I thought it did for a long time (maybe it did in really old versions of OS X?). Menu bar updating was particularly broken in Big Sur, for example the Check for Update Versions menu would not update until you clicked on a different window. Also added an undocumented UpdateMenuBar statement – didn’t document it because it should not be necessary.

It’s been a wonderful, crash free morning. The crashes I knew how to reproduce don’t happen.

1 Like

Great progress Jim!

I have not experienced any crash since upgrading to b19 + the fix to the left/right move in the data sheet works great too.

You deserve a gold medal for b19 :slight_smile:

Guido.