Can't log in 2022-11-7

Upon launching Pan X, I was immediately logged out, and cannot log in, it says my credentials are bad. I have two passwords, Admin and User, neither works. Is the server having trouble right now? 12:21 AM California time.

I did successfully install b30 when it was released.

OK, I clicked the Lost Password link, reset my PW, and am now logged in. Weird.
Do we know why this happened?

There have been no outages in the past 24 hours, or in the past several days for that matter.

Just now, after Panorama Server quit (running Ventura) and I attempted to relaunch it, I got a message about a negative account balance in need of being corrected before I can use Server.

All of my account settings were gone, including on two other computers. I couldn’t log in or anything. Trying the Forgot Password got a message that my email is wrong.

I was able to start a free trial so at least I can work, but what the ???

After about 15 or more minutes, I was able to log in and I have 33 months showing in my account.

All are running properly again but this is scary in regards to servers getting knocked offline and unable to automatically restart. In this case I was right there, but a remote or unwatched server would have been stalled until someone intervened.

I have the same problem.

Multiple databases.

View Menu disappeared. Cannot edit. I cannot even move to another record,

My MacBook Pro running Monteray works fine but on My MacPro late 2013 running Mojave still a problem. The MacBook is version b30. On my MacPro likely the same but I cannot even check the version.

Already tried rebooting twice.

Your Panorama preferences may have gotten corrupted somehow. There is no way to uncorrupt them, but they can be deleted using these steps.

• If it is open, Quit from Panorama X
• Open a new window in the Finder
• Choose “Go To Folder” from the “Go” menu
• Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ and press the “Go” button
• Find the file “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” and move it to the trash
• Relauch Panorama X (this will automatically create new, default preferences)

If you’ve set up any options in the Panorama X preferences window, you will need to set them up again.

Thank Jim,

I have myself back by copying the file “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” from a backup.

I am still stuck that my password that I have recorded in multiple places does not work when I try to change my password. This is because the email associated with changing my password no longer exists. When I moved to Nevada my Spectrum account of perhaps 20 or more years could not be economically used here because Spectrum does not service the Las Vegas Area.

Even if I want to change the password it asks me for my old password, whhich is the problem.

But I am up and running so I will comb my hard drive and see if I put the password somewhere else. But I doubt it.

George

Cool. I’ve never done that and I wouldn’t have known if it would work or not. I’m glad it did.

That’s why it’s never a good idea to rely on an ISP email account as your primary email address, for Panorama or anything else.

I dug out my password. Don’t have much reason to use it normally. So it was a little hidden. Me Bad.

All is running fine.

Thanks everyone for the help.

George

1 Like

It happened again. I rebooted my MacBook Pro running 10.13.6, and now cannot log in to my Pan X account. Furthermore, if I click Lost Password (which saved me last time), it says

Incorrect e-mail address

I tried deleting the “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” and relaunched Pan X, same problem, can’t login, or redo my password.

I’ve tried several times, quitting and restarting Pan X.

Of course, I’ve been double-checking my e-mail address, it looks fine.

The provue.com server is operational, no known problems at this time.

The “Incorrect e-mail address” means that the email address you supplied in the reset form could not be found in the registration database on the server. Maybe somehow an invisible character got into the email address you typed in? I can tell you that as far as I can see, the email address in the registration database matches the email address you used to sign up for this forum. In any case, if it can’t find a matching email address, it doesn’t start the password reset process.

Thanks for checking Jim. I let the Mac go to sleep, waited a few hours, and tried again. Pan X was still open to the Log in window, my credentials were still sitting in the fields, all I did was click the Log in button, and it worked.
Maybe my computer just takes a while to get itself sorted after a reboot.

Q: Should rebooting the Mac Log us out of Pan X? In my case, that’s what seems to have happened.

What is the plan when the server is not operational and there is temporarily no one at ProVUE to make it good?

No. Once you log in, you should stay logged in until you explicitly log out. Rebooting does not affect the Panorama X log in.

When you log in, that fact is stored using Apple’s Preferences storage system. Occasionally the preferences get corrupted. This is pretty rare, but not as rare as I think it should be. If I was starting over, I might not rely on Apple technology for this. If the preferences do get corrupted, that can show up as Panorama X being logged out, and usually if that happens you can’t log in again unless you delete the preferences completely by following these steps.

• If it is open, Quit from Panorama X
• Open a new window in the Finder
• Choose “Go To Folder” from the “Go” menu
• Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ and press the “Go” button
• Find the file “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” and move it to the trash
• Relauch Panorama X (this will automatically create new, default preferences)

If you’ve set up any options in the Panorama X preferences window, you will need to set them up again.

This video discusses how Panorama X deals with being unable to contact the ProVUE server for various reasons (including a complete outage of the provue.com server).

It happened again, with b32 now, to me, and to my user.
At home, I copied our set of Pan X files from DropBox to my desktop, then launched one of the files, then was immediately Logged Out of my PanX account. I was able to log back in with my password.

A few minutes later, I was talking to a user at her office, and she had just quit Panorama. She always works with the files on her local drive, not from DropBox, of course.

She suddenly thought of a last-minute change she wanted to make to the data, launched the file, and got logged out.

I’m at home on 10.13.6, her office Mini is on 10.12.

Why are we getting logged out?

I don’t know.

The Site License window has a feature that allows the administrator to remotely log users off. It sounds like that is getting triggered somehow.

Today it happened to me:

When I try to log into my account, I get the message “Wrong ID or wrong password!”

Is the server working correctly?

What are the recommendations? Click “Forgot password”? Delete PanX prefs?