Can't log in 2022-11-7

I am happy to report that recovering the prefs file com.provue.PanoramaX.plist from yesterday’s TimeMachine backup restored my Panorama X login.

Got logged out again:

Today I continued working on a file I had been working on for several days. I had never locked this file to my account. When I went to set up the Security for this file, it said I was logged in as “Anyone” (as best I recall) which I thought was very strange.

When I went to log in with my credentials, I was again told they we’re incorrect, though I checked them several times. I tried logging in several times, like before, wondering if it was a time-thing.

Then I had an epiphany. I noticed my wifi was connected, as well as my LAN cable, and of course work this way often. I switched the wifi off, clicked the Log In button, and BING I was logged in! (My wifi and LAN are coming from the same Router.)

1. Could a “double” network connection like this cause trouble connecting to the ProVUE server?

2. Again, wondering why I was logged out to begin with. Previous to this, I had disconnected from the LAN cable to use my MacBook Air on wifi, yesterday, then brought it back to the desk and reconnected the LAN, through a dongle of course. I had not used Pan X while on just the wifi. I wouldn’t think this should have logged me uot.

3. Why was I even able to use Pan X when I wasn’t logged in? Can you work on files that have not been locked to an account then? Is “Anyone” a normal thing to show?

MacOS Monterey 12.6.3 on an M2 Air

It seems to have a lot of similarities to an issue I had with a printer connected via ethernet.

Yes, you can. However, there is no View menu, so you can’t open forms and procedures.

If you were looking in the About Panorama window, then yes, that is what is shows when you are not logged in.

If the network is working in this configuration, Panorama shouldn’t care. Panorama has no idea what the actual physical network connection is.