Who knows HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP...?

I ask not because I’m seeking help, but because I’m tying to decide how helpful it would be for me to create some examples of using Panorama X Server to generate HTML pages.

The range of uses could be as simple as putting some of your own databases online solely for your personal access on other devices and platforms. Or it could be used to generate up to date static pages of product lists, real estate listings, news feeds or a blog.

My best available example of such static pages is the result of modifications I’ve made to the ImageLog available in the Database Exchange. I select a set of images. Then, with a click of a button, it generates a PHP page for my web site such as this gallery. The page includes javascript that is written with numerous factors added for every individual image. For instance, every image gets its own coding including the calculated configuration for the simulated framing when you click on one of the thumbnails. That all starts with Panorama getting the dimensions of each image as it builds the page. You can look at the HTML page source to see all that Panorama has written for me.

( I could have Panorama upload the pages too, but so far I’ve left that to existing ftp apps )

Stepping beyond static pages, Panorama can be used to build sites that include pages built entirely on the fly in response to who the user is and what they’ve chosen or entered. It’s been applied for a music festival in which teachers register and pay for their students to participate in an annual competition. Judges log in to their own set of links and accesses to enter scores for the students.

Another user here has it working with technicians in the field, providing them with their assignments of customers to visit and details of any issues or needs. The technicians post details and notes on the services provided and the status of the equipment serviced - to the nth degree.

Medical sites require extreme data security in order to comply with US federal HIPAA requirements. Panorama based sites have passed extremely sophisticated security evaluations with the best possible scores. Some of these sites involve more than a hundred HTML templates built to collect or provide data for individual’s medical records. Panorama sends out iCal formatted reminders, creates and sends password protected zip files. It even communicates in JSON with companion apps on Android and iOS.

Templates allow you to design and build HTML pages for a website with CSS and javascript in place for the desired look and functions. Then selected bits of the page can be adjusted to post or retrieve information with one or several Panorama databases. How much is dynamic is completely up to you, the developer.

The biggest limitation I’ve encountered is between my own ears. My attitude has become if I can do it on my desktop Panorama, I can do it in a browser.

So, back to my question. Who’s interested in this topic that I, for one, am very willing to help facilitate?

Great timing. It was just last night that I lamented that I was overdue in my refresh of CSS knowledge and how helpful it would be with the upcoming needs to accompany my Team Server medical file serving. Looking forward to share all of this with you and others.

James, your project would be a great help for me. Until now, I have used third party databases like Ninox or TapForms to access data that I am managing on my Mac with Panorama X. This would be a new step for me to publish those data from Panorama X to the web.

I, too would be interested.

Me too… another Ninox to Pan & back again user.

I have to second Jim’s statement that so, far, anything I can do in a Panorama database, I can do in a browser.

I too have created many integrated solutions serving HTML pages with Panorama and incorporating Javascript, CSS, etc. A couple of months ago I ran into a request that I thought couldn’t be done, but after some research I found that, indeed it could. So far, so good.