Web Publishing in Pan6

We are trying to publish a read-only Pan6 database on the web in order to buy some time until the PanX server is available. An error message says that we have not purchased a license for web publishing. Is there a work around for this, so that we can test out the web publishing feature?

Sorry, there isn’t any workaround available. We’ll just have to get the Panorama X server out as soon as possible.

If you don’t need searching, you can create static HTML pages from Panorama and publish them on a web server. But if you need any dynamic content, for example searchable data, there is currently no way to do it.

Unfortunately, we do need to be able to search the tables. We currently need to expand our business. Because our operation is built on Pan6 Enterprise, we have been looking for a bridge solution to distribute critical data in read-only searchable form. No pressure, Jim. We know you are doing your best, and we are excited to see the shiny new server version when you are ready to launch. My team is honing its web tools with anticipation.

If you’re imply pursuing testing, Pan 6 Enterprise will run in demo mode for two hours at a time. I’ve used it that way for years on my laptop in order to continue development when I’m out of my office. In that scenario, the laptop is both server and client. The caveat is that you’ll need to run it on another machine than your current shared use server or it doesn’t offer the demo option.

Since JR commented above about dynamic content above, I’m curious if anyone has been able to build such forms using the Panorama X Server in Web Publishing mode.

Panorama X is outstanding and highly reliable in publishing dynamic web content.

1 Like

Here’s a page on Medaval.ie that is built on demand by Panorama X. You can change languages or choose devices and every page is made to order in an instant.

The filters on the left use regex to search the databases and construct fitting pages as well.

Since the databases on the server are shared, changes made to the data on client machines is immediately updated for the web published pages. It makes adding new devices or changing information easy and instantaneous as well.

It’s all a very good example for speed and range of capabilities in Panorama X

1 Like

Wow! That’s amazing. Was Medaval one of your projects? Panorama X, the database that thinks it’s a spreadsheet … and a web publishing tool.

Yes. It was my first significant project on Pan X after building many sites on Pan 6. I have a couple more in the pipeline now. Those will be solely accessible by password.

Panorama is an excellent web publisher and easy to set up securely too. You’ll notice on Medaval, that you never see panorama.cgi in the URL or the full string that typically follows. Not that anyone was ashamed of Panorama being behind the curtain, but because it makes it much harder to hack when you don’t have any clue as to what’s there. The cgi file was renamed and through URL rewriting, specific words get replaced by a string that is passed on to Panorama.

1 Like