View Search gets stuck

It seems that if I do much searching with View Search, a word or term that I’ve searched will persist. As I enter or paste new words, a previous search term continues to be displayed.

As shown below, I had searched for .selected Then I went on to do other searches and .selected continued to be displayed.

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 9.07.20 AM

As the window title bar shows, the search is now for .period and the right results are displayed. But .selected continues to be shown.

Here, I’ve used the keyboard to delete the search data, but .selected remains.

Screen Shot 2022-03-22 at 9.08.34 AM

Closing and reopening the window may or may not correct it. Same for opening additional View Search windows. It takes a full Quit to reliably clear it.

I’ve seen that also. I do not know the cause. The problem actually used to be much worse in early beta versions before this feature was publicly released, it would happen virtually every time. I was able to make a change and now it is much rarer. But mysteriously it does still happen sometimes, and as you say, the only cure is to quit and relaunch Panorama.

It does seem to me like it’s more likely to happen if you open two View Search windows at once. But even then, it only happens sometimes, and I don’t know why. It’s just a regular Text Editor object with a windowglobal variable.