Text List does not always highlight clicked record

I am hoping someone else has experienced this and can point me in the right direction. I have a text list object that displays data from a FileGlobal variable. Sometimes the list highlights the clicked record, and other times clicking a record only shows the highlight momentarily when clicked or the record shows in its highlighted state as long as the mouse click is held down. Other times, the list acts just as I want it to act by highlighting the current record without a mouse click as shown in the screenshot below. I know that I am probably not using the right terminology here, because the current record of data in a variable displayed text list is not the same as the current record in a database navigator displayed text list.

I use file global variables to populate text lists all the time, and I haven’t found any that act the way you are describing. Do you have a procedure that is triggered by clicking a line in the text list? Could we see or could you tell us the settings, i.e., the text list options? That is where I would look for an explanation.
I don’t understand what you mean by ‘highlighting the current record without a mouse click’. You can highlight a row by clicking it or using up/down arrows to move to it. (You can also set the text list value equal too a row, and get that row to be selected, but it doesn’t sound like you are doing that.)