Text Edit Object Prompts don't display properly

I’m using many text editor objects with prompts that are right justified, such as this one. Many are dollar amounts that use 0.00, but they all format the text past the right edge. Is there a setting to change or a way to get the prompt to display properly? I have experimented a bit with different sized text, but it doesn’t seem to help.

Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 4.38.52 PM

Panorama relies on Apple’s code for this. Unfortunately, Apple’s code doesn’t work correctly for some fonts. I have found no workaround for this, other than picking a different font or not using right justify (in your case perhaps center would work).

Follow up – I’m pretty sure I have seen this problem in the past, but I just tried several dozen fonts on my computer and they all worked.

CleanShot 2023-02-16 at 15.37.41@2x

The text in your screen shot looks awfully dark for a prompt. Scott’s bug report was about right justified prompts.

I also tried many fonts, sizes, settings and nothing worked. Just to make sure we’re talking about the same thing, I mean the prompts, not the data, which works fine.

I found a decent workaround by making the prompt 0.00 followed by one space and a period. The period is not visible if there is a border around the object. Good enough for now.

My bad, I read too fast, and I guess I was thinking of 0.00 as data, not as a prompt. Yes, I can duplicate that and it is a bug.

Interesting, it doesn’t work without the period. I guess spaces are stripped off if there is no non-space character on the end.

FOLLOW UP - I figured out how to fix it, the next release will fix this problem. At that point you’ll want to remove your workaround.

Big thanks, Jim, for responding so quickly to these little issues!