Test Drive/Trial Period

This afternoon I downloaded the application, and started what I thought would be a seven-day trial, but the app is already insisting on payment, asking me to solve “puzzles,” etc. Is this what the “trial period” is? Or is there some way to get the thing to settle down during a test drive? The app looks good, but I would have liked a few days to see whether it matches my desiderata. . . .

Thank you for reaching out. Apparently we have a bit of a problem, because you aren’t the first person to have this problem. I can tell you how to fix it.

When you launch Panorama X the first time, it offers the free trial.

To start the free trial, you just press the big blue button – which you did (I checked with our server to make sure I could see you listed). Once you press the button, the trial starts. Your screen will look like this:

At this point, the trial is started, there’s nothing further you need to do.

However, you did do something further – you pressed the New Account button at the top of this window, and then entered your email address and a password and set up a new account. This is normally what you would do when you’ve decided to go ahead and purchase. The only problem is, doing this cancels the trial. So now Panorama thinks you’ve got an account with a zero balance – hence the nagging for payment.

THE SOLUTION

To immediately solve this problem, you simply need to log off from the new account you have create. Open the Site License window, and press the Log Off button.

Once you log off, it will again present you with the Start Trial window. Press the Start Trial button, and your free trial will resume without any further nagging for payment. You can then simply close the Site License window.