Submit corrections failure

For years I was hoping for just such a simple system for submitting Help File corrections, and now I found it! Thank you. (I edit text for a living, so it drives me crazy if I can’t make corrections :slight_smile: )

However, on my first try, I get a failure. My correction was one word added to a sentence. When I click the “Submit to ProVUE” button, I get the error below.

I just installed the 10.2 beta, after upgrading from OS 10.11 to 10.13.

–dave scott

UNABLE TO UPLOAD CORRECTIONS TO PROVUE SERVER

500 Internal Server Error

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@provue.com to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I don’t know what to tell you – there have been no other difficulties with this and I just tried it and it worked fine. Perhaps there was a momentary problem on our server, though the monitoring service we use shows no downtime in past 11 days. Please try it again and see if works now.

Over the past several years there have been over 2,700 corrections submitted by users, so this system does get a lot of use. I hope you’ll be able to take advantage of it.

OK, I tried again, from a different computer, in a different part of the city, under a different OS (10.14.5 now), and it failed again with the same error. I’m wondering if it is a problem with submitting from Japan?

I had just updated to 10.2 on this machine as well.

BTW, I do not have multimarkdown installed, so I can’t preview, but I assume that doesn’t affect the submission process.

If that was the case, I would expect Panorama to not work at all. Other parts of Panorama communicate with the provue.com server the same way, for example to check that your account is logged on.

BTW, I do not have multimarkdown installed, so I can’t preview, but I assume that doesn’t affect the submission process.

I don’t think multimarkdown is required, but I’ve never tested it in that situation. I did just do a test, uploaded a change without previewing it and it worked. So I don’t think that is the problem. (It’s very easy and quick to install multimarkdown though.)

I used the ‘Open Corrections Window…’, made two corrections but while pressing the ‘Submit to ProVUE’ button does momentarily react to the pressing of the button, there is no subsquent dialog acknowledging the submission (nor I guess an acutal acceptance of the correction.)

What am I missing?

There is normally a notification. I don’t recall seeing a dialog. You might check to see if you are still allowing notifications from Panorama.

Good idea. I’m guessing you have this turned off. It also appears that you pressed the Submit button 16 times. No worries, it was easy to delete the 15 extras. Now I have to decide what to do about your actual correction, since it is specific to Sonoma and later.

Notification are on.

A week or so ago I noticed that I was not getting any feedback when sending some PHP commands to a remote db. I put in some Message statements as a quick substitute for the lack of Notifications that I did need so as to know that the commands were working.
Then a week later, without doing anything, they started up again and I was happy.
Now today, they apparently were not working when I was on the Corrections window. No action on my part had been made during any of this time changing the Notifications feature for Panorama.
Notifcations have been working elsewhere as expected.

I think there has to be something on your computer that is blocking the notifications.

Notifications are a simple API, Panorama just tells the system “here is the text to display in a notification.” From that point on it’s all up to macOS, Panorama has zero control.

Focus. Thank you Apple for a feature I never would have asked for and wish I could turn off forever. My F6 key will turn it off and on without any particular notice to me. Perhaps I hit that key from time to time.
Then too, apparently I can turn Focus on using my iPhone, iPad, computer, or watch and Apple will then conveniently update every other device turning Focus on for me keeping them all in sync. Argh. And a terrible user interface as well. It is not clear whether it is on or off until you read the help file.

Yes, I have to agree that the focus system is super confusing and dysfunctional. I guess some people think it is a great system but I pretty much just wish it would stay out of my way. I did not know it would stop notifications on the Mac, that’s good to know so I can tell other users if they encounter this.