Still having problems moving fields

I’m using 10.2.0.b22 OS Big Sur

I’m trying to move fields and it does not work. I press and hold the mouse over the field, wait the the “hand” to appear and then attempt to drag the field to a new position, and the field that I have selected does not move. I have no hidden fields.

Any idea why this isn’t working?

Try Reorder Fields… from the Field menu. Using this allows you to drag various fields to the order you want in the list and seems to work better that directly dragging them in the actual data sheet.

You don’t need to wait for the hand to appear, you can start dragging immediately. The field will start moving immediately as you drag to the left or right. It definitely works on macOS 11 Big Sur, I just double checked. I don’t know why this isn’t working for you. What if you create a new database, does it work then? You could use File>New>New Database From Template to create a new database super quickly, you wouldn’t need to put any data into the fields to try rearranging.

This does not work using 10.2.0.b25 with MacOS 12.01. I use the field sorter but that’s way less convenient. I recall this working at some point, just not sure which combo of Pano and MacOS.

A change has been made for b26 which hopefully will resolve this.