Relatedarray( issue

In the screenshot below Formula Workshop 4 works, although it shouldn’t. It and others formatted in the same manner run in forms and procedures without errors as long as all records are selected in whatever related database is being accessed.

But I need it to also work if all records are not selected.

The first Formula Workshop should be the correct format, but causes errors in the forms and procedures running it.

(2) and (3) are demonstrations of some of my efforts to find something that does work.

The errors seem to have nothing to do with the formula itself or with the relationship. In this case the files are related via an ID field.

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 9.57.00 AM

The Donee field does exist as the very first field in the Donees database and there’s no reference to the field anywhere in the procedure or in the form embedded uses of relatedarray(. And, as noted, if the targeted record is among the selected records, the connection is made and the data is retrieved by the supposedly incomplete format.

On another computer with a very different set of files (although again with a file named Contacts) I created a new Untitled database with a few fields and a related link. The results are the same. The first field is the one being identified as non-existent.

FWIW, in every reference to it in the Help file, joinsourceinvisible is also shown as join source invisible. Are both formats valid?

Let’s start with the easy question. Panorama ignores blanks in this option. So all of these are valid.

joinsourceinvisible
join source invisible
joi nsou rcein visible

I just tested this to make sure I was giving you good information.

demonstrations of some of my efforts

This option is correct. It must be that there are no matching records for the current record in the Donees database. Or, it could be that the Banking field for the matching records is blank.

I duplicated your situation, here is an example showing that this really does work.

None of the displayed records in the list above are currently visible in the source database (HobbyShopSales). If I change joinsourceinvisible to NO (or leave out this option), then nothing is displayed.

No, it isn’t.

If the third parameter is the database you are looking up from (in this case Contacts), then the function will use the relational settings you set up in the Relational panel of the Database Options window. That’s usually what you want. Then you can specify additional options to override these settings as needed.

But in your first example you manually specified the database name as a key/value pair. When you do that, Panorama ignores the relational settings that you have set up in the Relational panel. Instead, you must supply ALL of these settings as key/value pairs in the function itself. You didn’t do that, so critical information like the key fields were missing. Panorama doesn’t do a great job of error reporting with all this critical information missing, but that’s what the problem is.

Thanks for supplying all of the information I needed to diagnose the problem.