With a shared database, I clicked on a Text editor box. I see on the Server Admin window that it shows a record locking. If I wait the set delay time, the record unlocks on the server and the blue highlight box goes away. Just as expected.
If, however, I click on a text editor box, and then click another database window, the record does not unlock.
I have found a few times on the server admin that it shows locked records when no clients are accessing the database. I don’t usually know how that happens, but sometimes records are not unlocking when they should.
After posting this, I just found and read about the force unlock statements; I have not done anything with those. I had been going to the server and restarting; kind of a nuisance to do that.