Question about formula separators

Hi, and thanks for reading.

I have a field that I want to concatenate several other fields into. Right now my formula looks like this:

Accounting + Baking + CleanupSetup

And the resulting field is all three of those without any spaces/commas. Like this:
AccountingBakingCleanupSetup

I thought about adding + ", " between each, but then if fields are empty there are lots of extra commas.

Is there a way to craft a formula something like, “Grab data from these fields, put them together with commas in-between.”

Thanks for any direction - I’m sure it’s in the documentation but I think I’m having trouble coming up with the right terminology to search for.

Thanks again,
Biagio

Try:

arraystrip(Accounting +", "+ Baking +", "+ CleanupSetup,", ")

This will add the field values together separated by a comma and space and then the arraystrip( function will remove any extraneous comma/space separators containing blank field values. If all the fields are empty the result is an empty string.

1 Like

The sandwich( function is handy for this sort of thing.

1 Like

Thanks so much, Gary! That totally worked. Appreciate you taking the time.

Best,
Biagio

Thanks Bruce! I definitely wasn’t searching the documentation for “sandwich” - but I found it now! Have a great night, and thanks for the tip.

Biagio

I have three suggestions for you to investigate, two of which have already been mentioned - arraystrip(, sandwich( and yoke(. I use all three at different times.

1 Like

I vaguely remembered yoke(, but it is not listed in the Help documentation’s See Also for sandwich(. I guess that should be added.

Thanks so much, Jim! Looking them up now. Appreciate the direction.

Best,
Biagio

Thanks, fixed it.