Product Activation

Hello everybody :slight_smile: this is my first time here. I migrated some programs from an old imac to the new one. But when I tried to place the serial # as soon as I clicked submit is telling me that there is a system error.

Then I read on the provue.com that Panorama 6 will not run on mac OS10.12 Sierra but that Panorama X does contain special tool that allows Panorama 6 to be installed.

But where is Panorama X? I dont see it on the website of Provue so I can stall it and be able to use my program the way was intended. TIA! Francesca

I was able to resolve the issue. I went here and followed the instructions. I will let you know if I have any problems.

http://www.provue.com/support/tn/code7/index.html

Hi I am still having the same issues. We sent emails here but haven’t heard back provuedevelopment@gmail.com

Is still asking us for our serial # which we keep adding but is not recognizing it and we can’t use our Hindsight Inview program. Any help is welcome. TIA

Hello everybody :slight_smile: this is my first time here. I migrated some programs from an old imac to the new one. But when I tried to place the serial # as soon as I clicked submit is telling me that there is a system error.

Then I read on the provue.com that Panorama 6 will not run on mac OS10.12 Sierra but that Panorama X does contain special tool that allows Panorama 6 to be installed.

But where is Panorama X? I dont see it on the website of Provue so I can stall it and be able to use my program the way was intended. TIA! Francesca

I have searched our email and there is no trace of any email from anyone named Francesca, including in the spam folder. The address you have is correct but for some reason your emails are not getting thru, that is why we haven’t replied.

Panorama 6 does run on macOS Sierra, but you have to go thru some special steps to get it to work. This web site explains how it is done.

http://www.provue.com/panoramax/faq/panoramaclassic.html

OK will try it this morning. Thank you :slight_smile: