Print Font Different computers

Hi,

I have a form for printing Avery 5408 labels on an HP printer.

Out of 4 computers using the same (shared) database, 3 print correctly, and the 4th computer always prints with a font-size that is too large for the label.

• I have ensured the same database file is used on all systems.
  • I have ensured the same fonts are available on all systems (Gary: thanks. Forgot to mention this when I originally posted. :slight_smile: )
  • Fonts in use:
    • Arial Narrow - 9pt & 10pt
    • Times New Roman Bold - 10pt
  • I have checked the “Page Setup” dialog, but don’t see anything obviously different.
  • It doesn’t matter if the computers print to the same printer, or different ones.
  • The computer with issues is running macOS High Sierra 10.13.4.
  • The other computers are running macOS 10.13.4 and 10.12.6.
  • The computer with issues did just recently have hard drive problems and the Apple Genius bar re-installed macOS. Before this event, this computer did print correctly.
    Would this warrant a re-install of Panorama itself?

I’m not sure where else to look. Maybe you have a suggestion? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance,

– Mark

My first thought would be that the problem computer is using a different or alternate font than the other computers.

Yeah.
Good point.
I updated my question to include the fact that the fonts in question are on all the systems.
(Standard, system fonts. Nothing fancy.) :slight_smile:

– Mark

Reinstalling Panorama 6 is easy, so you might just want to try it. I doubt if it will have any effect though.

You mention font size specifically. Does the layout otherwise appear correct? What if you put a simple shape on the data tile (a circle or box). Does that print in the correct dimensions? If not, then you have a general print scaling problem. If the shape does print correctly, then the problem has something to do with fonts. Perhaps the font is corrupted? You could try a different font. I’ve never heard of a problem like this, at least as I understand your description.

Check with FontBook to make sure that the same versions of the fonts are active on each computer.