Panorama X won't open my Panorama 6 files

I have several Panorama 6 databases saved as recently as June 2019. I recently upgraded my Mac to Catalina and noticed Panorama doesn’t works with Catalina. I downloaded the trial version of Panorama X, but it does not recognize any of my Panorama 6 files. How do I get Pnorama X to recognize my Panorama 6 files?

You need to add “.pan” to end of your Panorama 6 database names, launch Panorama X, then open the files using “Open” from the file menu. The databases will be converted.

There is further information here:

Thank you. That seemed to work.

You may also find these training videos helpful in transitioning from Panorama 6 to X. You can find these in the Help menu, on the www.provue.com web page, or using these links:

Converting from Panorama 6 - Converting from Panorama 6 on Vimeo
Panorama 6 to X: Basics - Panorama 6 to X Basics on Vimeo
Panorama 6 to X: Form Design - Panorama 6 to X Form Design on Vimeo
Panorama 6 ro X: Programming - Panorama 6 to X Programming on Vimeo

The videos are very useful, but it would also be useful if forum posts relating to transitioning were cross referenced or linked from a pinned post on the topic.

I’ve been working in PanX just fine for quite a while, but in helping someone else out on transitioning I’ve run into several bumps that such a post would’ve helped me over.

It’s especially true of things that worked in Pan6 and don’t in PanX but aren’t obvious. For instance loop until can’t use a variable value, SelectWithin now selects all if no match is made, OutlineLevel “1” should now be OutlineLevel 1, print jobs that once skipped to next page after summary now print continuously, …

Of course, many of these are still being discovered but a pinned reference could be updated in order to make the transition easier for the transitioners who can be expected to be coming along in the future.

A link to the post could also be added to the end of the Help document on Importing a Panorama 6 Database.