Panorama x Server 10-2-0-b29-build-4150 Challenge

I installed the current version on my Panorama X Server computer. I forgot to shutdown Panorama X Server before installing the update. Now when I launch the server, Panorama X and Panorama X Server automatically quit.

Thoughts?

I would try this on the server machine:
Quit PanX and PanX server.
Start PanX
Open PanX Preferences/Server tab.
Click Start PanX Server.
Normally that would work.

I do exactly that, that is when both will just quit.

If I were in this situation, I would try deleting and replacing the software.

This is perfectly ok. You can leave the server running and install any number of updates, and the only problem will be that your server is still running the original version, not the updated version.

The actual server update happens when you restart the server. In fact, my normal procedure is to install the update, then shutdown and relaunch the server so that it will update. Also on my development machine the main copy of Panorama is getting updated all the time, but I definitely don’t update the server every time I do a new Xcode build.

I would try that also. To delete the server software, go to Application Support/PanoramaX/Server inside your Library folder.

If that still doesn’t work, your Panorama preferences may have gotten corrupted somehow. There is no way to uncorrupt them, but they can be deleted using these steps.

• If it is open, Quit from Panorama X
• Open a new window in the Finder
• Choose “Go To Folder” from the “Go” menu
• Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ and press the “Go” button
• Find the file “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” and move it to the trash
• Relauch Panorama X (this will automatically create new, default preferences)

If you’ve set up any options in the Panorama X preferences window, you will need to set them up again. This also means you’ll have to set up your server options again (server name, etc.).

I deleted only the PanoramaX Server application inside Application Support/PanoramaX/Server inside your Library folder. Launching the server from “Preferences” worked but did not start apache. I went to the apache tab and started apache. All seemed to behave normally. But now my shared databases wont recognize the server and open locked. Should I have deleted the whole folder?

1 Like

This is normal and expected. Apache is turned on and off independently from Panorama X Server. Normally you would turn on Apache once and then never touch it ever again, even after rebooting the computer. I think the only reason to ever stop and restart Apache is if you need to edit the httpd.conf file.

My guess would be that you changed the name of the server. The server name must be exactly the same or the shared databases will no longer connect.

Server Name is the same.