Panorama X 10.2.0 b29 Build 4150 Release Notes

A new public beta version is now available. If you’ve already installed b18 or later, you can simply choose Panorama>Check for Updates to install this update. If Panorama isn’t currently running, it will automatically offer to download b28 when you launch PanoramaX. If you haven’t installed b18 yet (or if you are still running 10.1), you can simply go to www.provue.com and download it.

This release includes about a dozen small new features and bug fixes.

• Panorama Video Training discount coupons now work in regions that use dd/mm/yy date format (Europe, Australia, etc.).
  • This release has big improvements in tools for debugging web procedures. There is a new web query test window, an option for automatic downloading of server instrumentation logs to your development computer, and now there is automatic coverage of web procedures if the Enable Coverage for All Open Procedure Windows option is enabled on the server. See the URL Tool Menu (Web Debugging) help page for more information about these new features.
  • New statement NextValue, cycles a field or variable thru a list of values (based on work submitted by Gary Yonaites).
  • Add the webserverinfo statement and function.
  • Panorama X Server now allows / as an alternate separator to ~ in cgi url. So now panoramax.cgi?database/procedure/arguments is allowed (panoramax.cgi?database~procedure~arguments still works also).
  • New statements UndefineGlobal, UndefineFileGlobal and UndefineWindowGlobal allow specific types of variables to be destroyed without touching other types.
  • Sending JavaScript to a web browser object no longer crashes if the result of the JavaScript is not text. (Instead of crashing you now get the error message “Unknown script result”.
  • The edit menu now works in the Software Update window. Most importantly, you can now select text in the release notes and copy it to the clipboard.
  • ImportText no longer crashes if there is an error in the rearrange formula. (Now it will still import, but acts as if there was no rearrange formula. And the procedure stops with an error.)
  • Fixed bug that could cause auto-unlock to fail if editing text in a form and there are multiple forms open.
  • In the documentation, changed the URL for Barebones Software to HTTPS per the request of Rich Siegal.
  • Fixed rendering of function parameter names in header of help pages.
  • Documentation corrections submitted by David Thompson, David Scott, Jim Cook, Gary Yonaites, and Robert Ameeti.

Installer progress bar revision request – maybe this has something to do with my/local settings, but if would be nice if the progress bar on the updater download had more easily discerned colors. I’ve learned there is actually progress happening, but I can barely see it, see screenshot.

On a project I’m working on currently I had a need to make a progress bar more visible as well. My solution was to to create a light colored, rounded rectangle behind the progress bar and set at the same size. This shows through the normally dark progress bar and makes it far more visible. Here is an example:

ProgBkg

Thanks for the idea Gary!

In this case the progress bar is created by code, so I simply created a rounded rectangle first. Took some trial and error to get them to align, but it looks nice :+1: