Panorama X 10.2.0 b16 Build 3671 Release Notes

This version must be manually downloaded and installed (as I expect for all beta downloads for the foreseeable future). Here is the link.

http://www.provue.com/downloads/sparkle/PanoramaX/3671/PanoramaX.zip

Remember – the beta versions will NOT update automatically. You must download the new release from the link above and then drag it into your Applications folder (or wherever you want it). Of course be sure to quit the previous version of Panorama before dragging the new version into place.

Also keep in mind that If you are using macOS 10.15 Catalina or 10.16 Big Sur, a special step is needed the first time you run a new preview version. Because this preliminary version of Panorama X is not notarized, these versions of macOS will refuse to run it if you double click on it. Instead, you must right click on it and choose Open from the pop-up menu. This is only necessary the first time you run the new beta version after downloading. After the first time, you can open Panorama normally by double clicking on it or by double clicking on any Panorama database file.

To update Panorama X Server:

• Start by updating PanoramaX.app
  • Launch Panorama X
  • Open the Preferences dialog, switch to the Server pane
  • If Panorama X Server is running, stop it
  • Start Panorama X Server. It will automatically update before launching.

This release includes 7 bug fixes and 3 very minor new features. One of the bugs fixes involves the Data Validation feature discussed in the April 27 class, so the class would not make much sense without this fix.

• Made a change to hopefully prevent appearance of spurious “Not Authorized” alert requiring the user to quit immediately. Since I could not duplicate this problem I cannot guarantee that this change will really fix it, but I am hopeful.
  • When you are not logged in, the beta version now gives you a chance to open the Site License window instead of immediately quitting. So you don’t have to go back to Panorama 10.1 to log on.
  • Fixed bug in custom data validation code, it would fail if a boolean result was returned instead of a dictionary.
  • New recordislocked( function.
  • Added Exact option to the View Search window.
  • Fixed the getformoption( function options clonewindownames and clonewindownumbers, they did not work at all.
  • The Dialog Workshop now generates the correct trigger code for Text Display Objects.
  • There was a misspelled a variable name in instrumentation code in the ADDREMOTEHOST statement, would cause adding a host to fail if instrumentation was enabled for this section of code.
  • Fixed a problem that prevented the Video Training Window from selecting videos by date if the system date format was not set to MM/DD/YY format.
  • New function info(“panoramauptime”) returns number of seconds since Panorama was launched.