Panorama and Excel working together

Several years ago, I wrote a large application for the CSIRO which, each quarter, imports about 25 reports in the form of multi-sheet Excel spreadsheets, consolidates and processes the data in them and exports a wide range of reports as fully-formatted Excel spreadsheets, some of which are multi-sheeted. All of this is done by clicking a few buttons in Panorama 6 forms. The spreadsheets are converted to text files by Excel macros and the reports are formatted by macros, all under the control of Panorama 6. The macros are written in Excel for Mac 2011 and the whole thing seems to run quite well in Panorama X in macOS Sierra (I’ve only run a few checks because of the size of the package but it all looks OK).

And, of course, it runs like a Swiss watch in Panorama 6 - there hasn’t been a problem for some four or five years.

If anybody has a need for anything like this, I’m happy to pass on my knowledge - it was a long and steep learning curve and it seems a pity to waste it.

I have project which likely could benefit from your experience.

I’ve contacted Eric off-forum.

I also have a couple of projects that would benefit from your application. Thanks for the offer!

Ditto Doug.

i would love to see that as well.
i’m trying to export a panorama 6 doc into an excel file and ultimately into quickbooks online.
would what you’re talking about help in my situation?
thank you,
mark

An export from PanoramaX to Excel usually does not need a complex workflow that includes Panorama procedures AND Excel Visual Basic macros. All you need is to export the data into a CSV (or TSV) text file. Have a look at the menu File > Export > …

Import into QuickBooks Online? Is this possible? Financial Transactions? Or just Customer records?

I’ve put three files on Dropbox. One is a Pan 6 procedure which imports all of the .xls files from a folder (you may be using .xlxs files) and exports them as text files into another folder. The procedure contains a lot of code you won’t need because it was written to cope with all sorts of peculiarities in the incoming files. The core code is quite simple. The code is in a Text file because I haven’t been able to use Pan6 for a year or so due to irrecoverable loss of registration.

Another file is an Excel macro which Pan6 uses in the import process and the third is an Excel macro that produces an output file as a fully formatted Excel spreadsheet (which you may not want).

There’s a lot more to the output process than the snippet shown.

Download the files at Dropbox - File Deleted - Simplify your life

I missed one file there. here’s a new link:

I have set up many custom invoice files for clients, with the opposing credit or debit entry, exported the records, then imported the text files into several different accounting programs over the years, however, I could never do it in QuickBooks. Quickbooks allowed you to import customers, vendors, items, etc., but it didn’t allow you to import transactions.

It may be different now, but it was a very shaky program for the Mac. It worked well on PCs, but not so much on the Mac. I had to rebuild several client hard drives because a QuickBooks update corrupted their directories.