Panomama Lite Version?

I’ve been using Panorama since its beginning, actually started with Overvue. Have depended on it heavily for what - 40 years? But my requirements are very basic, client database, home inventory, sorting, totaling, basic form output. I am not a programmer and don’t use 5% of the capabilities of Panorama X and never will. Quite frankly I find the online user manual very intimidating and very difficult to find answers to basic questions. I still refer to an old Panorama II printed user manual. I’m 84 years old now, the memory isn’t what it used to be, and it’s hard to teach and old dog new tricks. Has there ever been any thought to producing a “Panorama Lite” version that is easy to operate and understand like the older versions? I can’t help but think there would be a market for such a version.
Thanks for listening to an old dog bark.

I reject your premise that Panorama II was simpler to learn than Panorama X. Yes, Panorama X has more features, but it is also much better organized and has a much more macOS standard user interface.

Since you are a long time Panorama user, I suspect that you may have skipped the Panorama X tutorial. But I would suggest that this tutorial is exactly what you want, a simply structured linear walk thru the basic 5% features of Panorama X.

If you spend the time go thru this tutorial from top to bottom, I think you’ll have much less trouble working with Panorama X. At that point you can dive into additional topics if you need to, though it doesn’t sound like you will need to do that much.

In addition, there are four videos specifically designed to help Panorama 6 users like you make with the transition to Panorama X. You can find these in the Help menu, on the www.provue.com web page, or using these links:

Converting from Panorama 6 - Converting from Panorama 6 on Vimeo
Panorama 6 to X: Basics - Panorama 6 to X Basics on Vimeo
Panorama 6 to X: Form Design - Panorama 6 to X Form Design on Vimeo
Panorama 6 to X: Programming - Panorama 6 to X Programming on Vimeo

You may want to skip the last video, since you say you aren’t interested in programming.