New users can't create new topics

How do you create a topic?

To prevent spam, the forum doesn’t allow new users to create a topic right away after they sign up. This is an automated function. Usually all you have to do is read a dozen posts or so and the system will promote you to the Level 1 trust level so that you can create a topic. However, I looked you up, verified that you are a real Panorama user, and manually increased your level so that you can now post new topics. Welcome to the community!

I am having the same problem. I had posted right after signing up but can’t now. I’ll try reading some more topics and see if it kicks in.

And I now have the New Topic button.

Hi,
Registered and logged on to forum, reading posts and I cannot figure out how to post on the forum. Where is the text column area to post?
After searching and clicking I was able to reply to Jim (admin) with this post.
I am in the process of converting my Panorama 6 data bases (some created 25 yrs ago) to Pan X and I am sure I will want to post questions on the forum.
Thank you
Robert

As a new user, there are some restrictions, and one of them is that you can’t start any new topics until you have read enough posts to reach the basic trust level.

I just manually increased your trust level, so you should be able to start one now. Look for + New Topic in the upper right hand corner of the main page.

1 Like

FYI, the reason for this restriction is to minimize spam. A spammer can’t simply join the forum and immediately start blasting spam message to everyone. Over it’s 7 year history this forum has had almost no spam, which I know I appreciate and I’m sure everyone else does also.

I’m not sure what the exact threshold is, but if a new user simply spends 10-15 minutes reading a dozen or so posts I think that is enough to promote them to “Basic” trust level, which allows posting a new topic.

Thank you Dave! :+1: