Navigation buttons skip records: Partly solved, but:

I have a DB with just 6 records. I have an entry form with all fields on it and a text list object with a search box for navigation. Then I have a form which has several data display objects and another form with just a text list object. These two forms use the ignore( function to get line-item counts and a line-item array.

In each case, when I use the down navigation arrow in the form’s menu bar, it takes me successively to records 1, 3, 5, and 6, and when I subsequently use the up arrow, it takes me to records 6, 4, 2, and 1. The same thing happens with the up and down arrow keys on my keyboard. When I click in the TLO on the entry form it jumps around. Sometimes if I click on an odd numbered line it is fine, but on an even numbered line it jumps either up or down one or even 2 records, seemingly at random.

None of this happened before I constructed the forms which use the ignore function as discussed six days ago.

Is there something obvious I’m ignoring?

Further information: The problem seems to be in the view-as-list form. If it’s closed, everything else works as expected. If the Entry form with the text-list index is closed, the view-as-list form works almost as expected, but the little arrows in the menu bar still produce the above-described record-skipping behavior. The up and down arrows on the keyboard behave normally. If both the Entry form and the view-as-list form are open, all the problems occur.

I tried giving names (different of course) to the two, but it made no difference. Would sending a copy of the blueprint for the wonky form help chase this down?

Solved: I was confusing a view-as-list form (for printing) with a text-list object. Sorry, I should know better.

But: as long as that view-as-list form is open, the navigation problem described in the first post remains on other forms. So maybe I’m not just stupid after all…

I have the same problem. Whether it’s a form or the data sheet, up/down arrows are skipping one record. Makes it very aggravating when one wants to flip through consecutive records viewing form information. Had we but world enough and time, I could manually select the desired record from the data sheet each time, thereby forcing it to display on the form, switch back to form view, then back to the data sheet to select the next record, thereby forcing it to display on the form, switch back to form view, then back to the data sheet to select the next record, thereby forcing it to display on the form, switch back to form view, then back to the data sheet to select the next record, but life’s too short for unnecessary repetition…

And just to confirm, yes it does seems to be confined to when a view-as-list form is open