Minor Tab Panel Cosmetic Display Issue

macOS Ventura 13.2
PanoX b32

Minor Tab Panel Cosmetic Display Issue. This image explains it all. :slight_smile:

FWIW, this does not occur in macOS Catalina.

It’s been like that for a while in Big Sur and Ventura. Apparently it’s an Apple effect. So far I’ve found no way to hide the line.

Seems if you set the Style to “Small Square” the lines do not show through.

If you go back and watch the WWDC Keynote the year that Big Sur was introduced, Apple gushed about the new “vibrancy” in macOS because many UI elements are now translucent, including menus, sidebars and the segmented buttons used by tab panels. No Apple, this is not a “feature”, it’s a BUG. And as far as I’ve been able to determine, they provided no way to disable this “feature”, though I just checked and was able to duplicate Gary’s results with the Small Square style. But as far as I’m concerned, this UI element should not be translucent ever.

:thinking: well, somebody thinks it’s a feature … it has survived Big Sur, Monterrey, and into Ventura!

Thanks for the clarification(s).

Maybe it was the same person at Apple who decided it was a good idea to have voice recognition setup so you could just say your password. Back in the day - so cool to see StarTrek officers talking to their computer - not so cool in a cube-next to-cube office environment.

I wondered about an opaque white rectangle behind the Panel buttons but I guess the surrounding frame is all part of it.

Ha! Could very well be. :rofl: