Logged off - Please contact your Pan administrator

Every time I open PanX I get a notice: “Logged Off. Please contact your Panorama administrator at (null) if you have questions.”

What should I do about this?

Your Panorama preferences may have gotten corrupted somehow. There is no way to uncorrupt them, but they can be deleted using these steps.

• If it is open, Quit from Panorama X
• Open a new window in the Finder
• Choose “Go To Folder” from the “Go” menu
• Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ and press the “Go” button
• Find the file “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” and move it to the trash
• Relauch Panorama X (this will automatically create new, default preferences)

If you’ve set up any options in the Panorama X preferences window, you will need to set them up again.

Thank you. That has solved the problem.

There is no “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist”, under Site Licence it says we are logged on. The top tool bar is missing the “View” command. This is a new refurb imac with Mojave and the contents of the old imac migrat
ed over.

These two facts cannot both be true. If there is no com.provue.PanoramaX.plist file, it is guaranteed that you are not logged on, since the logon information is stored in that file.

The most common reason why the View menu would be missing from the menu bar is if you are not logged on. If the Site License window reallly shows that you are logged on, I would suggest that you try to log off, then log on again.

On the other hand, if Panorama has ever run on the computer, there is definitely a com.provue.Panoramax.plist file. This file is created by macOS when it launches the app. If you don’t see it, you are not looking in the correct folder, which is ~/Library/Preferences/ Remember that the ~ represents your user folder, so for me, this folder is jimrea/Library/Preferences/ Don’t look in /Library/Preferences/ for the plist file, you won’t find it there.

Thanks, that worked. Logging off and on again.