Install problem - Panorama 6 - lib failed

I have a client who is having problems installing Pan 6 on a Windows 7 machine:

Panorama 6.0
libraryfailed! C:\Program Files
[x85]\Panorama\Extensions\Libraries_PanoramaLib

I have had him attempt to re-install Pan6, but still gets the error message.
He claims that when the user opens Panorama, the error message appears. He says he “can start it up as admin without issue, when the user attempts to run it they get the error.”

It sounds like a permissions issue within the Libraries folder in the Panorama folder. Part of Panorama’s startup routine is to open _PanoramaLib and run a procedure in it. The error is saying it couldn’t open that file.

Thanks, Dave.

I discarded Panorama 6 after installing Pan X and encountered this problem. I can’t now reinstall Pan 6, so I don’t have _PanoramaLib on my system. How do I fix this problem?

In your case, it sounds like Gatekeeper randomization. Your installer has its own copy of _PanoramaLib, which it can’t find. Read the instructions at

http://www.provue.com/panoramax/faq/panoramaclassic.html#answer8

to see how to get past this.

Thank you very much. I used the alternate solution to get by the problem.
I appreciate your help. Eric

Having problems installing Panorama 6 on a 10.13.4 macOS High Sierra. I’ve tried the standard installer and got the lib problem. I tried installing it from the Pano X installer method and the installer worked but then I had the code -7 error. I am unable to alter the Sharing & Permissions area of the drive by adding the user as the system then reports ‘The operation can’t be completed because you don’t have the necessary permission.’ I’ve also tried logging in as root and doing the above to no avail.

Any other ideas to get past the code -7 while using 10.13.4?

You need to disable SIP (System Integrity Protection). A quick google search will turn up instructions for doing this.

Worked. Thank you.

After the registration is complete, can we reenable SIP?

I think so, but I am not 100% sure. If you try it, please let us know.

For system security reasons, you should reenable SIP immediately.

That link is now a 404. Another link to the answer?

That link is now a 404. Another link to the answer?

I am also having problems registering Panorama 6 on on a Macbook Pro running High Sierra. I read the notes in PanX. I made sure my user has “read write” enabled, and also checked “Everyone” to “Read Write”. I have tried disabling SIP but I am still getting the System Problem Code -7 error.

Any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

I’ve had the same problem for some years now. I have a very complex Pan 6 system that uses lots of code that conflicts with Panorama X and would be a nightmare to convert so I’ve had to implement some very messy work-arounds.

When I select About Panorama, it shows as Panorama Engine even though it’s a fully paid-up version. Is that relevant?

For occasion old-time-y work, (okay, and as a crutch) I still have Pan6 on my High Sierra Mini. My remembrance was the problem is in the installing from the “package”, not the running the app itself. So if you can copy the full install from another source over to your High Sierra box, it might run. But I wouldn’t put much effort into trying to install directly on to that OS from any setup procedure.

It has now been over a dozen years since the last release of Panorama 6, and it has been officially unsupported for over 5 years. Also, the last version of macOS compatible with 32 bit apps like Panorama 6 was released almost 5 years ago.

Most companies simply discontinue products and that’s the end of it. However, ProVUE has continued to operate the Panorama 6 license server, and also went the the trouble of preparing a 20+ page guide that contains everything we know about installing Panorama 6.

Let me emphasize that this FAQ page contains everything we know about installing Panorama 6. ProVUE has no wisdom or guidance beyond the contents of this FAQ page, and we don’t have the resources to research problems in using long obsolete software and operating systems.

Also, please keep in mind that due to security concerns ProVUE will not be able to operate the Panorama 6 license server indefinitely. In fact, there is a high probability that this will be discontinued sometime in 2023. At that point, it will no longer be possible to install Panorama 6 on a computer it is not already installed on.

1 Like

Thanks Jim. I appreciate the work you do and how helpful you’ve been for those of us still using Pan6 and Hindsight. I did read through the FAQ and as best I can tell have tried everything, except the “Root user” method.

As far as I can tell Panorama 6 installed okay, it just gives the System 7 error on registration / activation.

I’m thinking perhaps I should uninstall and start over, that maybe something got hinky when I tried copying it over from another computer. Otherwise I’m out of ideas.