Upon compilation in b24, a modified procedure produced a “Label does not exist” error. The labels in the procedure have worked for years and the label was definitely present and looked ok. So I used
info("labels") to see if the allegedly missing label was listed. This unexpectedly produced a list of each IF, ENDIF, LOOP and ENDLOOP statement used in the procedure, as well as its labels (except for the allegedly non-existent one). Here’s a partial sample of the output:
:IF:19 :IF:2 :ENDIF:16 :IF:6 :ENDIF:17 :ENDIF:24 ReEnterNum :ENDIF:25 :ENDIF:19 :ENDLOOP:1 :LOOP:1 :LOOP:2 :ENDLOOP:2 :IF:3
It is a list with a sequential number for each example of these statements in the procedure. I tested
info("labels") on other procedures in the database, then on different database files on my new MacBook Pro, then on different databases on older MacBook Pro, all with similar results.
This is definitely not documented output of the
I will keep looking for the cause of the compile error.