Inaccessible Form

Working to convert a Pan 6 database to Pan X, I’ve encountered a form that I can’t get into. Opening it generates an ObjectAction error. Clicking OK only dismisses the dialog for an instant. It pops back up over and over. No matter what I try or how fast I click, I can’t close the form, kick it into Graphics Mode, or do anything else in Panorama until I ForceQuit.

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 12.15.18 PM

Is there some backdoor or other means to access the form or disable to dialog?

I wonder if you open two View Organizer windows (one with the current form and a second in a new database) and drag the problem form to the other database if it would open in that database.

I wonder if you can obtain the blueprint for the form with formblueprint, then try to re-create the form with that or troubleshoot the problem.

I thought about that, but I don’t know how to get into the blueprint without opening the form. :thinking:

I don’t think it has to be open; I just tried and a blueprint appeared for a form that was not open.

What if you saved the database in Pan 6 with that form open and “Save Window Positions”. When you open it in Panorama X, it seems that it might open to that form. You may still not be able to do anything with it, but it’s worth a try.

Kurt, you are so right and I am so guilty of not looking for it in the first place. I simply assumed I had to be in the form.

I think the new diagnostic mode that was added a few months ago might be just the ticket for this problem.