Hidden field-based toolbar options are all greyed out

When a data sheet window is too narrow to display the full toolbar, the user can see the hidden tools via the double arrow in the toolbar but the tools are all greyed out - the only way to activate one is to widen the window. This was raised as a problem a long time ago, I think. Can it be easily fixed?

Not that I know of. Here’s a refrain that I’m sure you’re all tired of, this is is implemented by Apple’s code. It is supposed to just work. I just tried this in Keynote, and the hidden tools work in that application. So obviously I am doing something wrong. Unfortunately, I haven’t been able to figure out what. It’s probably a one line fix, but sometime’s it can incredibly difficult to figure out what that one line is and where it goes.

Just did a quick search, and this has been in the issue tracker for 2 years. I’ve known about it for longer than that.

I just thought of a google search to try, and I think I may have found the problem! It’s not a one line fix, unfortunately, but there may be progress on this front in the near future. If you are interested in the details I just added a note at the end of the Bitbucket issue.

Also, there’s another bug that apparently no one has ever noticed – the tools don’t work in Text Only mode. This turns out to be related, in fact I thought to try this because of the Apple documentation I found.

Good news - maybe :slight_smile: