Have to upgrade

Pan X is 10 years old and I don’t have the confidence or the support of critical functions to convert my several business databases to Pan X. My entire ability to make a living is dependent on Panorama. Now that Pan X 1.2 is done, I will redesign and have to lose lose capabilities that Pan 6 gave me the power to innovate and succeed.

First question, I run OS10.11.6. What is the highest OS that can run Pan 6 and Pan X 1.2 or do I have to convert to Pan 1.1 then upgrade both Mac OS and to Pan 10.2

Greg

Mac OS 10.14 Mojave is the last OS to support 32 bit applications like Panorama 6. I’m running Panorama 6, Panorama X 10.1.2, and Panorama X 10.2.0 b25 on OS 10.13.6 High Sierra. That’s the last OS where Panorama X doesn’t have any issues with printing images.

It’s difficult to imagine something you are doing in Pan6 that you can’t accommodate in PanX - though occasionally different techniques might be required. My recommendation is to start small to get early successes (confidence boosters). Implement parts of a larger routine by themselves, then recombine and test again. Keep running parallel with your Pan6 App until both Pan6 and PanX versions give the same results for a few run cycles.

If you haven’t done it already, go through those free videos (under help). I thought I could just launch and go - I had a pretty good handle on Panorama (the early years) at one time. But PanX is a new ballgame. Even if you could do something in PanX the same way it’s done in Pan6, there might be a better way now.

Depending upon your routines, you may experience a little slower action. That’s because compatibility rules - it’s more important than speed. So Panorama doesn’t have its own kingdom any longer. It’s more a fiefdom under the rule of Apple’s API’s. But processing slow downs are offset by today’s faster CPUs.