I opened and shared a subset of some client files in b10.2 and I was surprised.
The good: I was relieved that searches in a matrix object were just about as fast as with Enterprise, which was huge because they were slow as molasses in single user mode in 10.1. Also I was pleased that the files converted very quickly. A rather complex file with 15,000 records was shared in about 10 seconds. I was able to make an invoice from the client file, add products and print multiple pages with a VERY complicated print process.
The bad: I only did it once, then I couldn’t add a record in any shared database whether procedurally or with several manual methods. I closed the files and upon reopening, I was told two of the three files could not connect to the server as it was not available. It was available to one of them so I’m not sure what the other two didn’t like. I tried to stop the server but the one file was still connected so I cancelled the request. After that, they both connected again manually. I was able to add several records from the customer file but then, Panorama crashed. Upon reopening, two of the files connected and one said it could not connect to the server. Again, I had to connect it manually.
I have a lot of testing to do, but I should hope that the servers would connect reliably when opening or this could get quite tedious. This is on a local network with one client, so far. Eventually, it will need to support about a dozen clients from offices all over the country.
I’m not complaining, just sayin.