Form clipping anomaly

I have been experiencing a seemingly random form anomaly. I cannot replicate this, but perhaps someone else has had the same experience and knows a work around. A few of my forms appear normal at launch but sometimes when navigating to the form from another file, the form suddenly appears as clipped, as if the graphics mode was exited with the vertical scroll in the wrong position. None of my forms have a vertical scroll bar in Data Mode. Strangely this problem also randomly appears in the help system. Ironically, I have only experienced this problem over the past couple of days. The following screenshot is an example:

After installing b27 we are experiencing the same form clipping problem, including forms displayed under the Help Menu. It seems that I may have some Panorama engine corruption going on, since only one client computer is experiencing the problem. It may be noteworthy that we were not able to do an automatic update to b27 on this computer. We had to manually download the b27 version from Provue.com and drag the new version into the Applications folder in order to update to b27.

Your Panorama preferences may have gotten corrupted somehow. There is no way to uncorrupt them, but they can be deleted using these steps.

• If it is open, Quit from Panorama X
• Open a new window in the Finder
• Choose “Go To Folder” from the “Go” menu
• Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ and press the “Go” button
• Find the file “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” and move it to the trash
• Relauch Panorama X (this will automatically create new, default preferences)

If you’ve set up any options in the Panorama X preferences window, you will need to set them up again.

Unfortunately, removing the com.provue.PanoramaX.plist file did not solve the form display problem. There seems to be no fix for this problem. Panorama is the only program that I have that does not seem to work properly, but none of my other computers running Panorama have this problem. After many hours of troubleshooting, I decided to wipe my computer clean and start over with a new installation of the operating system. So far that seems to have cured the problem.

I kind of wanted to suggest that, but usually people aren’t too keen to do that. I’m glad that solved the problem, maybe in the future I’ll be less hesitant to suggest that.

It may have been that simply creating a new user account might have fixed the problem. For future reference, I would try that first before nuking the entire operating system.