Expand/shrink data within field

I imported a Panorama 6 file that contains a report with automatic shrink/expand field data elements. I cannot find in Panorama X a text editor option to automatically shrink/expand field data elements when printing a report. Although the word wrap function works fine in Panorama X, I cannot find in HELP anything addressing my report problem.

You find the setting in the Measurements tab of the Properties panel (in Graphic Mode). But I can’t tell if it is really working.

It’s not on a test form I whipped up, and I think I remember Jim saying somewhere that this isn’t implemented yet.

Kurt J. Meyer

14 August2017 at 9:26 AM

KJM
August 14
You find the setting in the Measurements tab of the Properties panel (in Graphic Mode). But I can’t tell if it is really working.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

Garry Cooper

14 August2017 at 8:58 AM

coopergv
August 14
I imported a Panorama 6 file that contains a report with automatic shrink/expand field data elements. I cannot find in Panorama X a text editor option to automatically shrink/expand field data elements when printing a report. Although the word wrap function works fine in Panorama X, I cannot find in HELP anything addressing my report problem.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

You are receiving this because you enabled mailing list mode.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

logo

William Conable*, Alexander Workshops, LLC*
| Mobile: 509-270-7492
815 Villard St.
Cheney, WA 99004

www.alexanderworkshops.com

Designed with WiseStamp - Get yours

Thanks. Found it and selected what I need, but it is not working.

Variable height printing does not yet work in Panorama X.

Do you have a time estimate when this will be available?

This is the only function keeping me from migrating all my files over to Panorama X.

Ya’ll have done a very nice job with the Panorama X user interface. Also, as I have previously mentioned, your technical support is a class act.

Thanks,

Garry

No time estimate, sorry.

I asked about this feature June, 2016 - even though I’ve converted all my Pan6 databases to PanX and released them to my staff for review, we can’t actually use our PanX databases until this feature is implemented. We love the look and feel of the PanX databases and I’ve added lots of new features in all of my databases, but we’re still using Pan6 because we can’t print many forms that require variable height. We’ll need the variable height feature for sure when we start our universities retention recertification process around March, 2018. Garry… I agree with your “class-act” comment about Jim’s tech support and the helpfulness of members in this discussion forum.

Yes Dusty, I haven’t forgotten your request, and this feature is definitely on my radar. Beyond you and Garry there is at least one other person that has told me they are anxious for this, and I’m sure there are others. I’ll get to it as soon as I can, but I just can’t promise exactly when that will be. I’m pretty sure March 2018 won’t be a problem, though.

Thank you Jim! We’re good until then, :relaxed:

+1. I could sure use it today. I understand about priorities…

This is a follow-up to a 1 Aug 17 question whether or not Panorama X yet has a functional text editor option to automatically shrink/expand field data elements when printing a report. Back in Aug 17 this function was not yet working. Has this status changed?

I think I just answered this a couple of days ago on another thread. The shrink/expand feature has not yet been implemented.

I have done some preliminary research into this. From a user’s point of view, this is very simple – just one checkbox. However, to implement this is a fairly major feature. I think it is going to take at least a couple of solid weeks of programming to get this working. I’m still not exactly sure when this will be done, but it is pretty close to the top of the pile, especially as I can see that there are quite a few requests for it.

Thanks. I’ll switch over to Panorama X when this is done.

Since this is a printing issue, I’m hoping printing with multiple data tiles can be implemented as well.