Error after updating to 10.2.0.b37

Error after updating to 10.2.0.b37 on my server computer running MacOS Sonoma 14.1.1
Also cant shut down Panorama X Server on the server machine. I get this error.

Invalid reply dictionary from server mlsos (http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/panoramax.cgi?sharingquery).

In the server logs it is saying “Database ID does not match”

Also, I cant find the folder containing any of the shared databases.

Also when I select “view server status in safari (Panorama Server)” I get this error message.

call( “_ProvueLib”,“httpRequest” function failed because the “_ProvueLib” database is not open

That’s a lot of alsos.

The b37 update has been pretty trouble free, so I don’t know why you are having so much difficulty.

For starters, you should probably force quit Panorama Server.

After that, you might just try restarting it. Worth a shot. Or, you might want to delete Panorama X.app and Panorama X Server.app and install a fresh download from provue.com.

In the server logs it is saying “Database ID does not match”

This doesn’t mean there is a problem with the server. This is a perfectly normal message if a user tries to open an old copy of a database that has been deleted and re-uploaded. That user would need to re-download the database from the server. You can avoid this in the future by never deleting and re-uploading, but instead using new sharing generation.

I cant find the folder containing any of the shared databases.

Serious question - why are you looking for this folder? You shouldn’t ever need to look at it or touch this folder. If you mess with the contents of this folder manually you are just going to cause trouble with a captal T.

Ok, you can’t resist, right? Well, if you must open Pandora’s box, it is in

~/Library/Application Support/Panorama X/Server/Public Databases

But don’t say I didn’t warn you.

By the way, updating Panorama (or Panorama Server) will not touch this folder in any way.

I apologize for all the alsos. :slight_smile:

The reason I was looking for the Public Databases is that a _ProvueLib is showing up as a shared database in the Server Administration database. I wanted to look in “Public Databases” folder to see if it was actually there. Here is a screen shot.

And here is the Public Databases folder and it is in there. Did I some how share this? Could this be causing issues? I went ahead and deleted _ProvueLib from the server and all is working as expected now.

Yes, somehow. I would have thought that would be quite difficult to do accidentally.

Could this be causing issues?

Never tried that, but I can imagine that it would cause all sorts of problems.

I went ahead and deleted _ProvueLib from the server and all is working as expected now.

Hmm, did you also re-install a fresh copy of Panorama? If not, I think that would be a really good idea.

Now that this has been identified as something someone might accidentally do, I think it should be fixed so that you cannot do this (share a library database). I’ve made a bug report so that this will get done.

I wasn’t thinking you needed to apologize! Just thinking that is a lot of things going wrong.