Emergency Fix for macOS 14.4 problems

ok so if I move the file from the folder which is on the desktop to the desktop it works, if I put the file in the folder on the desktop it fails
however if I just teill it to open the file in the folder it will open the file no problem. but if I use the new database from text file it fails
fileload(: The file “L4585.txt” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file.
the permissions are all set to rw
this fails on all test files in the folders on the desktop that pan6 and bbedit execl etc read with no proglems

the only odd setting I have set on the system is to show all hidden folders and content

I was speaking with someone yesterday who can’t type emails after upgrading to OS 14.4.1. I assume he’s using outlook, but as he’s typing emails, text disappears or duplicates. Sometimes it comes back and sometimes he has to start over. I don’t think this is the right thread, but I would never update my OS just before a big presentation. Let others find the bugs first. If it ain’t broke …

It sounds like, for whatever reason, the file you are trying to load is not in your sandbox, so you don’t have access to read it.

Note that reading a file using a program (like using loadfile) is different from reading that file using the Open File dialog or by dragging from the Finder to access the file. In those cases macOS determines that the user pro-actively wants to access the file so it allows the access, even though intrinsicly Panorama isn’t allowed access to the file.

Hmm, I’ll bet you can get it to work by going to system settings and giving Panorama X “Full Disk Access”.

Bottom line - this is a macOS problem, not a Panorama problem.

I’ll bet it will fail if you try to open the database using a procedure, with the opendatabase statement.