Double Clicking Problems with Sedona 14.5

Around July 18, 2024 suddenly I was having Problems with Panorama X. Double clicking on a field in a form had no effect, depending on if it was ‘neutral’ or had enabled Pop Up Editing and or Focus, scroll bars, etc.

My numbers pad also was not working.

Non-Panorama stuff was also affected like double clicking a document would not open it on the desktop but would on the dock!

Hours with Apple Care was no real help. I changed mouse, keyboard, reloaded Sonoma 14.5. Made new users. Was told some drastic “solutions” to try.

The Double Click solution was:

System Settings, then Accessibility, then Pointer Control for the mouse. Double click speed at a high setting was the problem. Make it low or mid speed.

For the keyboard number pad problem, it was:

System Settings, Accessibility in the sidebar, click Pointer Control on the right, then turn off Mouse Keys. (You may need to scroll down.)

I am not sure that this is welcomed but I suffered for days and fortunately on line I found the solution. With all the times folks on this group have saved me I just thought I might give a heads up. Perhaps it was my settings before the OS upgrade that made the problem show up. I frankly don’t remember when the OS was updated so I don’t know if it immediately happened.

Mac Studio with Apple Silicon M1Max, Sonoma 14.5, Panorama X 10.2.0 b39.