DBPublicPath deos not exist

This morning Panorama Server started with the message below on the screen. I’ve seen it before but not often; at least once on another server. Now I can’t restart without it.

An extensive search of all of my files and then to include the libraries has turned up nothing. (with and without Exact checked)

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 7.34.24 AM

Your search had two strikes against it. First of all, you specified an Exact search but did not type in the search item exactly (including upper/lower case). So the search was never going to match. (Aha, I see you tried it with and without Exact, well, see point #2).

However, that didn’t matter, because it wasn’t going to match anyway. Not all of Panorama’s internal code is available for inspection. Most of the server code is not available except privately here at ProVUE. If I do this search, it turns up 4 matches, all in private code.

dbPublicPath is a local variable that is defined and used three spots during the server startup. It’s pretty simple code, it is defined, then used a couple of lines further down in the code.

I think there are two possibilities. One, your copy of the PanoramaX Server.app is damaged. I would shut it down, move it to the trash, then relaunch to install a fresh copy.

If that doesn’t work, the preferences on this computer may be damaged/corrupted somehow. There is no way to uncorrupt them, but they can be deleted using these steps.

• If it is open, Quit from Panorama X (and server also)/
• Open a new window in the Finder
• Choose “Go To Folder” from the “Go” menu
• Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ and press the “Go” button
• Find the file “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” and move it to the trash
• Relauch Panorama X (this will automatically create new, default preferences)

You’ll have to reset up all of your options again after doing this (including all of the server preferences). You could try to back up all of the preferences first to a link, then restore them afterwards, as described on this page.

I don’t think any corruption would make it thru the link – the link is more or less human readable so you could review it before using it.