Database Options Periodically Freezes

I have had numerous freezes of PanX after selecting Database Options/New Generation; when this happens, menus are grayed out and mouse clicks and key presses are ignored. (Sometimes the New Generation works fine; I have not figured out what leads it to fail rather than working fine.) I had selected Non-Critical, checked Forms and Procedures, and started typing a Note; during the note typing, the program froze. By pressing some combination of keys, I can get the dialog to go away, but the frozen state remains. For the most recent problem, a few minutes ago, I had already enabled these instrumentation settings:

Objective-C Classes/Code Triggers.

The results were not very useful to me since most of the information was redacted.

The instrumentation log says:

TextDisplayObject RUN CODE → if fguser=“TGC” clipboard()=superdate(today(),now()) nsnotify “Timestamp copied to clipboard.” endif
RUN MENU CODE (Database Options…) → databaseoptionsdialog
TabPanelObject RUN CODE → SOURCE CODE REDACTED (NOT AUTHORIZED)
TabPanelObject RUN CODE → SOURCE CODE REDACTED (NOT AUTHORIZED)
PopupButtonObject RUN CODE → SOURCE CODE REDACTED (NOT AUTHORIZED)
DataButtonObject RUN CODE → SOURCE CODE REDACTED (NOT AUTHORIZED)
DataButtonObject RUN CODE → SOURCE CODE REDACTED (NOT AUTHORIZED)

This also happens if I click the Server tab. The Source Code is also redacted in the log.

This morning, 10/18/21, the PanX froze while adding a comment in the New Generation tab.

Sorry about the delay in replying to this, I was saving reading this until I knew I had time to devote to it. (I wish Discourse had the ability to mark a post as unread, so that I could read it and then mark it as unread so that I would know to go back to it. I do this with email all the time. This has come up on the Discourse forum (the one for supporting Discourse itself), other users have the same request, and the Discourse staff think this is the weirdest idea ever and repeatedly say no.)

Anyway, the good news is I think I have fixed the problem. I can’t say for 100% sure, but I was able to duplicate the problem several times, and sometimes it worked, as you said. I was able to collect some information about what was going on, came up with a theory, and did some rework. Since implementing the fix it has worked every time, so I think my theory was correct. So when b23 comes out, this should be resolved.

Great. Thanks.