We have struggled with one file becoming corrupted on the server. On the client side we noticed an eternal syncing indication in the record number status bar. The problem was two fold. The first problem to solve was to determine the root cause, and the second problem was how to fix the server side file.
We finally discovered the root cause to be the dreaded ObjectAction “OBJECT”, “Open” statement. We thought we had removed all of these statements, but we missed one which was the cause of the freezing and corruption of the server side database. However, PanX client side crashes had never damaged the server side file. A few of the errors that we received are:
The only way that we found to fix the server side database was to remove and replace it on the server while at the server computer. We have given up trying to remove a file via a remote client. We only have success by deleting the bad server file while operating the server computer. Then we compress a good file and email it to the person operating the server. (Yes, we need to install a backup system to our server, but we have a good backup system on a developer client that works well for now.). No, we have not had success removing the file from the server by the person operating the server, and then uploading a file from a client. We have only had success by emailing a compressed file to the server and uploading the file at server computer.