Converting Panorama 6 databases

I did not convert some of my Panorama 6 databases to Panorama X when I switched MacOS and laptops. I am now running Mac OS 12.4 on a MacBook Pro 13 inch 2020 laptop. I do have an older laptop which is a MacBook Pro 13 inch May 2012 model running Mac OS 10.15.7. All the suggestions I have received about ‘updating’ the old data bases with the laptops I have and the Mac OS running on them are not actually possible for me to do. So, does someone have a setup which would be able to convert my old databases to Panorama X databases for me?

If your files were saved with Panorama 6, there is no problem opening them with Panorama X on either of your computers, as described on this help page:

However, if your databases were actually saved in Panorama 5.5 or earlier, it’s not so simple. Panorama X will not open a database saved with Panorama 5.5, 5.0, 4.0 or any earlier version. To access such a database you would have to get a computer with macOS 14 or earlier, install Panorama 6, and open and then save the file using Panorama 6. The resulting file can be opened with Panorama X.

Panorama 5.5 was replaced with Panorama 6 in 2010. So at this point, any database that has been opened and saved with the latest version in the last 12 years is accessible. If a database hasn’t been opened and saved once in 12 years, perhaps the data isn’t very valuable. But if you decide it is, you’ll have to get your hands on an older computer that can run Panorama 6. Actually, you have one, your May 2012 MacBook Pro could have macOS 10.14 installed on it. That would be a fair amount of work for you, but it can be done, perhaps on an external drive. You’ll have to decide if it is worth the trouble.

Jim,
Thanks. While I have been able to convert all my old data bases which were dated in the last 12 years, I was not able to convert the older ones, as you indicated the case would be. I will need to think hard about whether the data in those dbs is actually worth all the effort it would take. Thank you for your help and advice on this. It is much appreciated.