B26 icon dispay problem

This is very interesting Gary. It’s even more interesting when you consider that Panorama is not generating the menu options when you right click on the toolbar – Apple is. I’m not sure which is simpler – getting the small icons to display properly (which is a task I have about 75% completed) or figuring out how to remove the Use Small Size from the menu. Of course Apple doesn’t provide any documentation on how to do the latter.

Probably of no help. but I found this response to the question of changing the toolbar contextual menus posted 6 years ago. Useful or not – don’t know. For me it’s like quoting something in Chinese.

NSView * theContentView = myWindow.contentView; 
NSMenu * theCustomizeMenu = theContentView.superview.menu;

You’re correct, that’s not super useful, though maybe. Could you post the URL where you found this? Perhaps there is additional context that might be useful.

This is 6 years old:

https://developer.apple.com/forums/thread/21887

And this 10 years old:

Even if you don’t understand the code I think you can tell by the tone of these posts why I am reluctant to even attempt this.

I really don’t blame you.

That was good for a laugh.

One last totally blind stab in the dark with a rusty fork. By any chance would eliminating the Use small size check box from the Custom dialog also remove that item from the contextual menu? I know, probably a .001 shot in a million.

Looks like that does the same thing as selecting Use small size in the contextual item.

There must be an undocumented toolbar attribute to eliminate the Use small size choice. I just checked Keynote, and it doesn’t have this choice in the context menu or in the Customize Toolbar sheet. So even if I managed to remove this item from the menu bar, I would somehow have to remove it from this sheet also.