B21 is running well

This may not be the appropriate place to say this, but to Jim and Team, Thank You! Version b21 is a major milestone. We are having few if any problems, and we are starting to get some excellent productive work done on our side using PanoramaX. We anticipate retiring Pan6 by the end of the year, if not sooner. Thanks for all the help and support.

1 Like

Hopefully mentioning this won’t jinx it, but there have been ZERO reported crashes of b21 in the past 72 hours.

I think crashing is history. It just doesn’t happen anymore. :clap:

I did have to force quit b21, once, because I couldn’t get out of the error wizard. I see there have been some changes to make getting stuck there less likely, which I hope help a lot although completely crash free software is likely a pipe dream.

I had a repeatable crash from doing things wrong, which I reported to Jim, so it will be fixed in b22.

Keep trying things wrong! That is the road to improvement!

I wish that were literally true, but it isn’t yet. But it’s definitely way better than a couple of months ago.

There will always be hardware problems, cosmic rays, etc. And of course there’s no way a quarter million lines of code will ever be perfect (241,426 lines to be exact).

Coming along nicely, though!