ArrayBuild Progress

Is there a way to display a progress bar while a very long ArrayBuild is in progress?

I’ve looked at WaitTask and Timers, but I’m not sure they do what I need.

Thoughts? Ideas? TIA!

The short and long answer is no, this is not possible.

Could be all wet here but … it seems statements like ArrayBuild were just shortcuts to what used to be longer procedures. Sort of the same way 4 x 3 = 12 is a shortcut to 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 = 12.

If that’s the case, you could implement steps that result in the same thing you’d get with Array build, but those steps would be in a loop. And in that loop, you could insert code that would update a progress bar.

Now, would that make the process even longer? Yes, it would. But you have the fun of watching your cool progress bar while it’s happening.

1 Like

It would probably make it an order of magnitude slower, maybe more. Since the process was already “very long”, this is probably not what Mark wants!

I just had the thought that maybe superarraybuild had an option for a progress bar, but alas, it does not.

1 Like

But what’s the fun of having a progress bar is you can’t watch it … progress. :grinning:
Sometimes, knowing that something is happening (i.e. not stuck) is more important than having it happen quickly.

Guess it depends on one’s idea of “very long”. There’s the 15 second TV commercial and there’s the “I won’t be very long.” of someone fixing their hair before going out.

1 Like