Anyone else having trouble with video training videos? (fixed on Nov 7 by Vimeo)

I have not been able to access any of the video training videos after updating to Panorama 10.20.b30. was wondering if anyone else is having problems with the videos too. I am currently running OS 12.6.1 on a MacBook Pro 16-1inch 2019 if that makes any difference. I have really been using the videos a lot to help me figure out how to solve some issues I’m having with developing my applications (all operator errors sigh).

Anyway, good luck on your server transition this weekend, Jim.

Vimeo has acknowledged that the problem is on their end and they are working to resolve it. I am also continuing to see if a temporary workaround can be devised at the Panorama end while waiting for an official Vimeo fix.

Thanks for the update. At least now I know I didn’t do anything stupid when I installed the latest Panorama update. I need to make some modifications to my database application, and I know you have some good hints on how to do that in the videos I purchased not long ago.

Again thanks for your help.

This morning Vimeo sent us a notice that they had fixed the problem, and it looks like they are correct. In my testing all of the training videos are now working properly again, with no change needed in Panorama. Apparently this problem also affected some iOS software. For anyone that has been waiting to watch training videos, you should be able to do so now.

So I just looked for the Deploying Shared Databases video. Instead of getting a list of the videos, I get the option to purchase the videos then a message that says "Field or Variable [accountAndPlanInfor] does not exist.

Actually, I’ve been getting this request to buy the videos for a couple of weeks but before it always showed that I had paid.

I was able to duplicate this error (though the actual error was accountAndPlanInfo, not accountAndPlanInfor, which slowed down my debugging a bit). It turns out this was caused by a problem on the provue.com server. It’s working now for me, I think it should work for you also.

Yes, it’s working now. Thank you.

Sorry about the typo. I bought a new keyboard which is tending to drop certain letters and add others. I guess I need to proofread a little closer.

Have not done a thorough test yet, but does look like the videos are working now. Thanks again for your help in this matter. I want to make some modifications in one of my database projects, and I’m 80% sure you covered the howtos in 3 of the videos I paid for previously.

When I click on “Help > Panorama X Video Training”, I get the attached dialogs.
(I can access my Vimeo videos via Vimeo’s web page)

I think your preferences are corrupted. There is no way to uncorrupt them, but they can be deleted using these steps.

• If it is open, Quit from Panorama X
• Open a new window in the Finder
• Choose “Go To Folder” from the “Go” menu
• Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ and press the “Go” button
• Find the file “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” and move it to the trash
• Relauch Panorama X (this will automatically create new, default preferences)

If you’ve set up any options in the Panorama X preferences window, you will need to set them up again.

HOWEVER, since you wouldn’t be afraid of writing a bit of code, you could try running this:

setpreferencevalues "PXVideoPlayerHeight",0,"PXVideoPlayerWidth",0

If these are the only corrupted preference values then you should be good to go. Otherwise, you’ll need to clear it as described above.

Woohoo! I “lucked out” and only the PXVideoPlayer{Height|Width} values were corrupt.
Thanks, Jim!