Web Browser Object, Javascript and a Bug

Why will this code work and then stop working? Also, how do I post the code example and keep it neat? @admin Is this the bug you were referring to in the PDF documentation?

“Note: Right now, there is a bug that prevents this feature from working 100%. It works when you first open the window containing the web browser, but then stops working if the web page is ever reloaded for any reason. Hopefully I’ll figure this out soon.”

`htext = |||

Untitled

This is a test!

||||`

I see you figured out how to format the code neatly. Much better :slight_smile: And now I can actually see what the code is.

Why will this code work and then stop working?

Well, I wish I knew the answer to this – then I could easily fix the bug! As I recall, I tracked it down to something in Apple’s code, and couldn’t get any farther. It might even be an Apple bug. Since there is so much else going on, I will not get to work on this any further for quite a long time.

By the way, some of you may not know what @goMiddleton is referring to when he says “PDF documentation” – in fact that thru me at first. But he is talking about the slides for the video classes. This topic, calling Panorama code from inside a web browser page, was covered in the class a year ago. But it isn’t yet included in the “official” Panorama X documentation.

Why is the ‘var myResult’ given a value and then immediately overwriting that same variable with a new value?

Robert Ameeti

He probably just put it in for testing and then neglected to remove it when he added the second line.

I am curious, is there a way to have the web browser object “post” to itself? Probably the wrong terminology and maybe it can be done by parsing the html. I want to grab entries done in a form displayed with the web browser object to update fields in the database. I thought this might be a temporary solution until the javascript bug is figured out. There are many really interesting and slick things that can be done if and when javascript can chat with Panorama X. one example, view as list forms with editable fields done in html, displayed with the web browser object and connected to the database locally through javascript.