Very Cool Analog Meter Demo

Gary Yonaites is simply a wizard at taking the graphical capabilities of Panorama X and doing amazing things with them. His latest is a very cool analog meter. Gary, this goes to 11 :slight_smile:

Yes, this movie is showing a Panorama form. When you drag the slider, the meter updates. Also the green lights around the edge – nice touch.

He has generously uploaded this to the Panorama Database Exchange so you can download it and try it for yourself. So awesome – everybody give Gary a hand.

4 Likes

Wow, I posted this and less than 30 seconds later Bill Shaw added a like!

O ya. Very creative and beautiful as well.

And it does 0 to 180 in less than one second!

1 Like

Gary’s analog meter is a brilliant design. Can we make data driven graphical displays for PanX databases? Is that what this garage is intended to do? Yes, I’m a newbie. Also, I’ve poked around and don’t see a “clear to me” direction for displaying Panorama X data on a website. Is there: 1) a non-developer method (e.g., a WordPress plugin) or 2) a list of PanX developers looking for freelance work, method? Or, is web display not practical. Maybe this is influenced by the RAM nature of the software which would require Panorama X to be loaded onto the server alongside the website (HTML 5 or WordPress)?
Thanks

Panorama X is the first stage of the new version of a product which has existed for years. The previous version, Panorama 6, had a server version called Enterprise. I and several people in this community, have created interactive web solutions with Enterprise and Apache server which take code directly from Panorama and display it on a browser using Panorama’s internal tools or combining the data with HTML code. These methods can be used to do personal, commercial or design for hire solutions.

We are all waiting for the version X of Enterprise server which will supposedly not require a separate web server as these capabilities will be built into the software.

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know JeffK.

It is certainly doable but would require some programming skills. In the simplest form you could have a rectangle whose height is altered depending upon the value of a field in the current record. Using a special .CurrentRecord auto procedure to adjust the height with a changeobject statement using the “rectangle” property. The .CurrentRecord procedure is run every time you navigate to a different record. This could be expanded to manipulate a whole row of rectangles link to different fields or variables thus creating a bar graph.

1 Like