Vanished "View" menu

The first time I opened PanoramaX under Big Sur (and on a M-1 MacBook Pro) the "View menu was missing. I tried the trick of running a search in the help menu of a missing form, to no avail. I can still see everything on my old (well, 4 years) MBP running the latest edition of Mojave with no issues. Could this be a Preferences corruption issue, or maybe something to do with the way Apple has fiddled with the Menu Bar?

Did you log on from the new computer? There isn’t any View menu when you are logged off.

My site license says I’m logged on. Should I log off and re-log on the new computer? Do I have to log off on the old computer?

Best,
Richard

No.

That’s odd. Yes, I would try logging off and on. If that doesn’t work, your Panorama preferences may have gotten corrupted somehow. There is no way to uncorrupt them, but they can be deleted using these steps.

• If it is open, Quit from Panorama X
• Open a new window in the Finder
• Choose “Go To Folder” from the “Go” menu
• Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ and press the “Go” button
• Find the file “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” and move it to the trash
• Relauch Panorama X (this will automatically create new, default preferences)

If you’ve set up any options in the Panorama X preferences window, you will need to set them up again.

Yeah, saw the post about that. Think I’ll sleep while it’s still dark and do that in daylight - thanks…:slight_smile:

| admin
December 18 |

• | - |

rsfullerton:

Do I have to log off on the old computer?

No.

rsfullerton:

My site license says I’m logged on. Should I log off and re-log on the new computer?

That’s odd. Yes, I would try logging off and on. If that doesn’t work, your Panorama preferences may have gotten corrupted somehow. There is no way to uncorrupt them, but they can be deleted using these steps.

• If it is open, Quit from Panorama X
• Open a new window in the Finder
• Choose “Go To Folder” from the “Go” menu
• Enter ~/Library/Preferences/ and press the “Go” button
• Find the file “com.provue.PanoramaX.plist” and move it to the trash
• Relauch Panorama X (this will automatically create new, default preferences)

If you’ve set up any options in the Panorama X preferences window, you will need to set them up again.

OK, so the problem was I hadn’t logged OFF the old computer (it hates to be called old), so I did that, then logged off of the NEW (this boy, which loves to be called new), which was showing some bizarre database about a “trial” which should have tipped me off in the first place, reset my password, logged back on, and the View menu is back and all is well until it isn’t again. Now I need to change my credit card info, but still have a couple of months of time left and don’t want to pre-purchase, as we could all be dead by then. If I don’t “pick a plan” will the new card be remembered, or should I just wait until I receive my next bill?

Settings on Panorama X on different computers are definitely not connected. Logging off the old computer did not fix your problem or affect your new computer in any way. It certainly does sound like you weren’t properly logged on on the new computer, so that was the problem.

We do send monthly usage statements, but we don’t actually send you a bill. It’s up to you to renew when the time comes. We do NOT keep your credit card information on file, and there are no automatic payments. When you’re ready to add more credits, enter your new credit card information for that transaction. In fact, we make you enter the credit card information every time, because we don’t store it.

P.S. I sure hope we’re not all dead in a couple of months! I especially hope that for everyone on this forum.

I pretty much figured that. I’ll re-up again in a couple of months. Can’t do without my Panorama. It was one of the first “third party” programs I purchased for my first Mac some 32 years back.

In fact, I need to get back to it now!

Thanks,
Richard

My details are pretty much identical Richard.