Panorama X 0.1.029 Build 2214 Release Notes

Panorama X 0.1.029 Build 2214 is now available. You can download this new version from the web site, or you can simply launch your current version of Panorama X and let it automatically update. If Panorama X is already running, choose Check for Updates in the Panorama menu.

This update includes these bug fixes:

• Editing of floating point fields now happens at full precision of number (up to 15 digits). Also, the str( function now outputs in full precision.

• Fixed Text Editor color in Split Field dialog and Merge Fields dialog.

• The View Organizer Libraries>Register Functions and Libraries command now works correctly.

• GetText now works even if the variable being edited hasn’t been defined yet (it now works as it did in Panorama 6).

• Minor documentation corrections.

GetText does not work exactly as in Panorama 6. The default text is still not selected.

That has been discussed before. This is an Apple bug in Sierra. It works properly in earlier versions of OS X (I just tested it again to make sure). The actual dialog itself is entirely Apple code, so I cannot fix this. If it is critical, use the SuperGetText statement, which uses a Panorama form instead of using Apple’s code. Or you can create your own custom dialog. Hopefully Apple will eventually make this work the way did before.

You can also use an AlertSheet to get data input from the user. I like this approach because the alert sheets are no modal, and they look better. In an earlier post, Gary Y had code that would create a form on the fly to use to prompt the user for input. You can put a variety of button on there that are programmable, so they can change depending on other facts. They are slightly more work to use, but not much.